A

To radiate the good stuff.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Cheers To The African Male :)

OK, OK so I have a particularly soft spot for African men :) One might ask who qualifies as an African man? Well for me, in this context, I mean those who identify themselves as African, regardless of race factors. I love them. I find something in that earthy manliness to be found in an African man, who is in touch with nature, even if only on weekends, one who can deal with a fire and one who, I imagine, could kill an animal for me to eat, should need arise, extremely attractive.

One can not justify stereotypes, and accusations of stereotyping take up too much space in comment threads all over the net. To address any concerns that may arise, this is a light-hearted rambling piece. This is not social commentary, I have not done extensive research.I am writing this from a place of admiration and appreciating God's creation. It is about what I like, in other words, personal taste and the opportunity to laud what I would like to appreciate. I would like to steer clear of any arguments, we all know God created diversity and everyone has a claim to the spotlight, but this particular piece is for my favourite kind of African man, the tall, strong, darker skinned version.

Being slender and of a fairer shade perhaps it is mere attraction to what is my ultimate opposite. The more different he is from me the more mysterious. The myriad of questions include ; what does his skin look like next to mine? When he holds my hand, do I feel a strong, decisive yet gentle security? What does he feel when he holds my hand? Does he feel a gentle, receptive yet dignified elegance? Is he just as mesmerised by the differences as I am?

So, what else is it about strong, darker skinned African men? Firstly, I love this continent if he is dark, it says beautiful Africa. My immense love for the continent naturally overflows and intermingles with my intense love for him. My Dad intensely loved my Mom. His love for my Mom is the example that I saw and that is how I would love to be loved, my Dad was a strong, darker skinned African man. 

Why must he be strong? Well, having spent a lot of time protecting myself, I would like to fall asleep without remembering where the mace is and checking all the windows and doors are properly locked and rehearsing some self defence moves mentally. Going to the gym never hurt nobody, I like to be assured he has a strong heart :) besides muscles are good to look at and touch.

Why would it be better if he was tall? Well, I just love looking up at him and how he lowers his massive chest just a little, so that I still look up, but he still dips a little to talk to me. I like him to defer to the lady, (me of course) once in a while, just coz I am queen because he is king too.

I need not discuss being a productive human being here because that applies to all skin tones. Nonetheless, I find a dark skinned African man of influence even more attractive. I am attracted to the tales of his unsaid personal struggles that make him who he is today. I am attracted to his history, that of his parents, that of his grand parents and ancestors. I am attracted to his successes, past, present and future.

I want an assurance that should Armageddon come we will not be the first to perish because he has means, networks, connections, street wisdom, heavenly wisdom and maybe just physical strength. As you can tell, I' m in this to win it so I can't have a weak team player, mentally, physically or emotionally ;)

And... they are there, these dark skinned African men in whose arms a baby can rest while a lady rests in the other. Those who are strong in the face of gentle things too.

Jah, jah, jah that is why at this point I am single right, because no one man can be all this and still stand my other eccentricities? Mmmh... not true, I saw one the other day. God's reassurance that they exist. I don't know his finer details but he inspired this piece without saying much except a word or two, perhaps with a french accent, perhaps with an English accent, perhaps with an accent from the village he comes from, perhaps not, bending down a little from his great height to offer his hospitality at some great place, somewhere on this great continent...

No comments:

Post a Comment